Flen Health is an international, innovative, family-owned company based in Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and the UK.
Over the course of just a few years, Flen Health have gained the leading position in their home market, namely the Belgian wound care market and are working towards achieving this on an international level. Our company’s success is based on the dedication of our people and our safe and easy-to-use product portfolio which combines innovation with significant progress in wound care and is inspired by our motto. We help you to ‘live the life you love’.
We are looking for a Project Development Specialist for an immediate start. This is a permanent full-time
position. You will be either located in our office in Belgium (Kontich) or in Luxembourg (Esch-sur-
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
The project development specialist will ensure overall success of Product Development projects in R&D. This position requires communication and technical skills to enable oversight of multiple, related projects or complex R&D programs, to achieve project goals and on time delivery in alignment with the companies strategic goals. You directly report to the Vice-President R&D.
- You drive product development projects in the field of biotechnological API manufacturing
(enzymes, proteins, peptides, etc.) from initiation in the lab (e.g. research and project
writing) to implementation of pilot manufacturing.
- You drive development projects from customer need and idea-generation to pilot- and
industrial scale-up/role-out stage, whereby your focus is on the needs of the customer or
- You develop project plans, identify and analyze risks, constraints and resource requirements
and build and assess time estimates.
- You coordinate and ensure successful on-time completion of cross-functional development
projects that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions and cultures.
- You maintain full control of project scope of assigned development projects.
- You collect and analyze customer feedback concerning the developed product and processes
and translate the results into a technical product/process definition.
- You analyze and organize prototype and pre-clinical application trials within the R&D team to
evaluate prototype performance and safety. You plan and follow up pilot trials and industrial
scale-up trials in production.
- You develop effective relationships and maintain communication with stakeholders at
multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- You directly report on project progression to the Vice-President R&D.
R&D System flows:
- You prepare and maintain full documentation for R&D design and development administration and procedures, in accordance with relevant SOPs, GxP and ISO standards.
- You write engineering, biocompatibility, SDS and other reports related to the product development project and create presentations when required.
- You participate in the company-wide innovation management processes, including projects outside the direct scope of the function and provide close support to the Vice-President R&D
- You participate in product portfolio road mapping exercises and product development concept phases.
- You are willing to gain specific technical knowledge through contacts with internal and external stakeholders and through literature, patents and seminars.
Your profile & qualifications:
- You hold a degree or PhD in Bio-engineering, Biomedical engineering, biotechnology, etc. or comparable scientific technical background
- You have experience with Biotechnological manufacturing processes (enzymes, proteins, peptides, antibodies, etc.)
- You are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health
- You are convinced that biotech innovation, correctly designed and developed, can improve patients’ lives helping them to live the life they love.
- You have an understanding of functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes
- You are enthusiastic about product development and driving multidisciplinary project teams (cross-functional teams, multiple projects, multiple types of products, etc.)
- You are fluent (written and verbal) in English
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and highly dedicated team?
Please send your CV and covering letter by using the form below: