Flen Health is an international family owned company with ambitious growth plans in the pharmaceutical and medical device technological domain. Flen Health has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
At Flen Health, we are convinced that we do help people live the life they love through developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. We focus on patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
At Flen Health, we expect you to show grit, to take ownership of your initiatives, to go for it and we guarantee that you will then appreciate the result of your work, whether individually, as a team or company-wide as Flen Health. As an intrapreneur, you will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can do attitude drives sustainable growth. We offer a flexible working eco-system, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
Our Research and development activities are growing fast; We launched several new research & development projects and have a development funnel bursting with pioneering innovations. To help us deliver these ambitious research & development activities, we are looking for an experienced R&D manager to lead a new research project in our Luxembourgish lab.
You'll manage the Luxembourgish R&D team and ensure continued professional and technical development of individual members by providing support as well as conducting highly innovative research. With your proven ability to lead people and teams, you'll be able to motivate, excite, support and develop people; creating a strong team mentality that s continuously learning and collaborating.
Your R&D experience in conducting biotechnological research (e.g. enzyme development, genesequencing analysis, 3D cell -culture modelling,…) means you'll be able ensuring on-time delivery of the milestones and communicating progress to the VP of R&D. The ideal candidate is hands-on when it comes to conducting R&D activities and has a passion about conducting innovative research.
- Management of a novel biotechnological research & development program (internal and/or consortium work packages – planning, timeline, milestones, reporting…)
- You develop scientific project plans, identify and analyze risks, constraints and resource requirements and build and assess time estimates in line with the current research strategy
- You coordinate and ensure successful on-time completion of cross-functional development projects that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions and cultures.
- You conduct Scientific Stakeholder coordination for our Luxembourgish RDI activities
- You support the development of new research activities as well as provide support in writing and applying for research grants to conduct these.
- You actively manage a team of scientific staff (coaching, assessment and training of research assistants, positive working atmosphere, organize meetings…)
- You maintain full control of project scope of assigned development projects.
- You directly report on project progression to the Vice-President R&D
- You prepare and maintain full documentation for R&D design and development administration and procedures, in accordance with relevant SOPs, GxP and ISO standards.
- You write SOPs, work instructions, biocompatibility, SDS and other reports related to the RDI projects and create presentations when required.
- You participate in the company-wide innovation management processes, including projects outside the direct scope of the function and provide close support to the Vice-President R&D
- You participate in Research portfolio road mapping exercises and research & development concept phases.
- You are willing to gain specific technical knowledge through contacts with internal and external stakeholders and through literature, patents and seminars.
Your profile & qualifications:
- You are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health.
- You are convinced that biotech innovation, correctly designed and developed, can improve patients’ lives helping them to live the life they love.
- You hold a Degree (Master and/or PhD) in lifesciences (e.g. Biotechnology, industrial engineering, chemistry, cell-biology,…) or comparable scientific background
- You have 5 years of relevant experience in conducting multidisciplinary scientific research
- You have relevant experience in successfully applying for RDI funding in the field of Healthcare and lifesciences.
- You have an understanding of functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes.
- You have previous supervisory experience and ability to lead scientific staff
- You have excellent time management, presentation, communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and adjust to sudden changes in workflow.
- Expertise in Project Management and tools
- Ability to work in a fast changing scientific environment (adaptability, collaboration, versatility, interest in challenges)
- Organized, quick, efficient, focused on quality and details
- You are fluent (written and verbal) in English.
- You are ambitious, energetic, driven and work well in a team-environment.
- You are proactive, and you are a driver for change. At the same time, you are pragmatic, problem-solving and looking for initiative.
- You are willing to master new skills and develop yourself.
- You are willing to travel up to 10% of your time (short trips).
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and highly dedicated team?
Please send your CV and covering letter by using the form below: