Flen Health is an international family-owned company with ambitious growth plans in the pharmaceutical and medical device technological domain. Flen Health has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
At Flen Health, we are convinced that we do help people live the life they love through developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. We focus on patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
At Flen Health, we expect you to show grit, to take ownership of your initiatives, to go for it and we guarantee that you will then appreciate the result of your work, whether individually, as a team or company-wide as Flen Health. As an intrapreneur, you will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can-do attitude drives sustainable growth. We offer a flexible working eco-system, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
We are looking for a R&D Manager to lead our team in Luxembourg. This is a fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave which will potentially be followed by parental leave. You will report directly to our VP R&D, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs.
As R&D Manager you will ensure overall success of projects in R&D. This position requires communication and technical skills to enable oversight of multiple, related projects or complex R&D programs, to achieve project goals and on time delivery in alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
This position would suit you perfectly if you are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health and have the desire to make things happen.
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
- You manage a novel biotechnological research & development program (internal and/or consortium work packages – planning, timeline, milestones, reporting…)
- You develop scientific project plans, identify and analyze risks, constraints and resource requirements and build and assess time estimates in line with the current research strategy
- You coordinate and ensure successful on-time completion of cross-functional development projects that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions and cultures
- You conduct Scientific Stakeholder coordination for our Luxembourgish RDI activities
- You support the development of new research activities as well as provide support in writing and applying for research grants to conduct these
- You actively manage a team of scientific staff (coaching, assessment and training of research assistants, positive working atmosphere, organize meetings…)
- You maintain full control of project scope of assigned development projects
- You directly report on project progression to the Vice-President R&D
- You prepare and maintain full documentation for R&D design and development administration and procedures, in accordance with relevant SOPs, GxP and ISO standards
- You write SOPs, work instructions, biocompatibility, SDS and other reports related to the RDI projects and create presentations when required
- You participate in the company-wide innovation management processes, including projects outside the direct scope of the function and provide close support to the Vice-President R&D
- You participate in Research portfolio road mapping exercises and research & development concept phases
- You are willing to gain specific technical knowledge through contacts with internal and external stakeholders and through literature, patents, and seminars
Your qualifications & experience:
- You hold a Degree (Master and/or PhD) in life sciences (e.g. Biotechnology, industrial engineering, chemistry, cell-biology,…) or comparable scientific background
- You can demonstrate at least 5 years of relevant experience in conducting multidisciplinary scientific research
- You have relevant experience in successfully applying for RDI funding in the field of Healthcare and lifesciences
- You are fluent both written and spoken in English, other languages as Dutch, French or German are an asset
- You have an understanding of functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes
- You have previous supervisory experience and ability to lead scientific staff
- You have excellent time management
- You have strong presentation, communication and meeting facilitation skills
- You are able to prioritize tasks and adjust to sudden changes in workflow
- You have an expertise in Project Management and tools
- You have the ability to work in a fast-changing scientific environment (adaptability, collaboration, versatility, interest in challenges)
- You are organized, quick, efficient, focused on quality and details
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and very dedicated team?
Please send your application, CV and motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com