Flen Health is an international family-owned company with ambitious growth plans in the pharmaceutical and medical device technological domain. Flen Health has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
At Flen Health, we are convinced that we do help people live the life they love through developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. We focus on patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
At Flen Health, we expect you to show grit, to take ownership of your initiatives, to go for it and we guarantee that you will then appreciate the result of your work, whether individually, as a team or company-wide as Flen Health. As an intrapreneur, you will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can-do attitude drives sustainable growth. We offer a flexible working ecosystem, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
We are looking for a Product Development Specialist to support our Research & Development team. This is a full-time position, directly reporting to the Vice-President R&D and located in our office in Belgium-Kontich. This role requires communication and technical skills as detailed below to enable product development and oversight of multiple, related projects or complex R&D programs and to achieve project goals and on-time delivery in alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
As a Product Development Specialist, you will be a key stakeholder in the creation of new products and in guiding their progress during the development life cycle. You will further support the innovation team in developing and delivering best practices and tools for innovation management, and support facilitating and coaching all stakeholders to boost innovation delivery and impact.
- You drive the creation of new products in development, by translating product requirements into test plans and performing experimental designs of a.o. topical formulations and novel technologies for skin and wound healing.
- You develop, organize, and execute prototype and pre-clinical application trials to evaluate performance and safety. You plan and follow up pilot trials and industrial scale-up trials in production.
- You apply state-of-the-art scientific knowledge to validate the activity of the products under development.
- You analyze and interpret results and prepare and maintain full documentation for R&D design and development administration and procedures, in accordance with relevant SOPs, GxP and ISO standards.
- You write scientific reports related to research and development of projects and create presentations when required.
- You collaborate and liaise with stakeholders from other departments (e.g. Regulatory, Quality, Clinical, Sales, marketing…) on technical requirements to ensure product developments progress through the development life-cycle stages.
- You support the evaluation and recommendations around innovation trends (short and long term) and innovation opportunities within our markets, working closely with marketing, strategy, and consumer insights. You support Tracking, following, and spotting emerging trends in our field of innovation.
- You actively scout for new methodologies and tools which can boost R&D and innovation effectiveness and scout for tools and methodologies around innovation management and R&D project management process follow-up.
- You develop effective relationships and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- You participate in the company-wide innovation management processes, including projects outside the direct scope of the function and provide close support to the Vice-President R&D
- You participate in product portfolio road mapping exercises and product development concept phases and are a driver in implementing digital product development and portfolio-management platform systems.
- You participate in product portfolio road mapping exercises and define opportunities to map current and future trends within our R&D field of work as well as implement the digital platforms that enable product development follow-up.
- You are willing to gain specific technical knowledge through contacts with internal and external stakeholders and through literature, patents, and seminars.
- You directly report on project progression to the Vice-President R&D.
Your profile and qualifications:
- You hold a Master's or PhD in Pharmaceutical sciences or display evidence of a comparable technical and scientific background in the field of pharmaceutical product and formulation development.
- You have sound experience and willingness to perform research and development in the field of formulation development (semi-solids and liquids), preferably involving formulation of biologicals (enzymes, proteins, peptides, antibodies…) and polymers.
- You are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health
- You are convinced that biotech innovation, correctly designed and developed, can improve patients’ lives helping them to live the life they love.
- You understand functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes
- You are enthusiastic about product development and driving multidisciplinary project teams (cross-functional teams, multiple projects, multiple types of products, etc.)
- You are fluent (written and verbal) in English
- You have excellent time management, presentation, communication, and meeting facilitation skills
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and adjust to sudden changes in workflow
- You are ambitious, energetic, driven and work well in a team environment
- You are proactive, and you are a driver for change. At the same time, you are pragmatic, problem-solving, and looking for initiative
- You are willing to master new skills and develop yourself
- You are willing to travel up to 10% of your time (short trips).
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and very dedicated team?
Please submit your application, CV, and motivation letter below or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org