Flen Health is an international family owned company with ambitious growth plans in the pharmaceutical and medical device technological domain. Flen Health has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
At Flen Health, we are convinced that we do help people live the life they love through developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. We focus on patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
At Flen Health, we expect you to show grit, to take ownership of your initiatives, to go for it and we guarantee that you will then appreciate the result of your work, whether individually, as a team or company-wide as Flen Health. As an intrapreneur, you will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can do attitude drives sustainable growth. We offer a flexible working eco-system, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
This is a replacement and full-time position in our Laboratory in Luxembourg (Esch-sur-Alzette). This fixed term employment contract will be established for a limited period of 6 months, renewable.
The R&D Specialist will assisting in developing new Flen Health products, set up research of new products and test products in order to release them to the market. You will supporting and reporting to the R&D Manager on any R&D projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
- You assist in the development of advanced in vitro cell culture models to evaluate products for the topical treatment of wounds and other skin disorders
- You perform cell tests (prokaryotes and eukaryotes) and maintain cell culture models
- You perform physicochemical tests on products, and raw materials
- You comply with quality and lab SOP
- You share other general duties and responsibilities required to ensure smooth running of a cell culture lab (i.e. ordering reagents) with rest of the team
- You assist in the development of new polymer based products for the topical treatment of wounds and other skin disorders
- You assist in writing bibliographic researches
- You assist in coordinating and monitoring analytical, chemical, physical or biological tests that are outsources to third parties
- You are Performing on-site lab management
- You guarantee the continuity of quality audits following the procedures, release products to the market after being tested and ensure that they reach the determined quality standards
- You realize the product stability control
- You develop new pharmaceutical formulas for Flen Health products and execute stability studies in order to reach the “best before date” of new products and to keep the “best before date” of existing products
- You set priorities in collaboration with other departments (s.a. marketing & sales department) concerning the feasibility of certain projects
- You continuously improve and develop R&D knowledge in order to apply it in the company and to keep abreast trends and new developments
- You support the quality department and Regulatory Affairs concerning the handling of complaints and the production process of Flen Health products and assist in building and performing analytical test for registration of products
- You support the execution of risk analysis of all new and existing products.
Your profile & qualifications:
- You are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health.
- You are convinced that biotech innovation, correctly designed and developed, can improve patients’ lives helping them to live the life they love.
- You hold a Degree (Master and/or PhD) in life sciences (e.g., Master cell and bacterial culture techniques) or comparable scientific background
- You have experience of co-culture techniques and cell-model development would be advantageous
- Experience in galenics of semisolids and polymer-based semisolids (gels, creams,) would be advantageous
- 3 years’ experience in a cell culture lab is a strong asset
- You have an understanding of functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes
- You have excellent time management, presentation, communication and meeting facilitation skills
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and adjust to sudden changes in workflow.
- Expertise in Project Management and tools
- Ability to work in a fast changing scientific environment (adaptability, collaboration, versatility, interest in challenges)
- Organized, quick, efficient, focused on quality and details
- You are fluent (written and verbal) in English. Dutch and/or German is an advantage
- You are ambitious, energetic, driven and work well in a team-environment.
- You are proactive, and you are a driver for change. At the same time, you are pragmatic, problem-solving and looking for initiative.
- You are willing to master new skills and develop yourself.
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and highly dedicated team?
Please send your CV and covering letter by using the form below: