Flen Health is an international family-owned company with ambitious pharmaceutical and medical device technological growth plans. Flen Health has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
At Flen Health, we are convinced that we help people live the life they love by developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. We focus on patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
At Flen Health, we expect you to show grit, take ownership of your initiatives, and go for it. We guarantee that you will then appreciate the result of your work, whether individually, as a team or company-wide as Flen Health. As an intrapreneur, you will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can-do attitude drives sustainable growth. We offer a flexible working ecosystem, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
We offer a fixed-term contract until March 2023 and a full-time position in our laboratory in Luxembourg (Esch-sur-Alzette). Within the team, the R&D specialist will act as a key player in contributing to ongoing research activities as well as setting up and running new projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
- You support and develop innovative research in the field of treatment of wounds and other skin disorders
- You Support and develop innovative products for the treatment of wounds and other skin disorders, translated from the in-house research activities
- You perform cell tests (prokaryotes and eukaryotes) and maintain cell culture models
- You perform physicochemical tests on products, and raw materials
- You contribute and share general duties and responsibilities to ensure on-site lab management
- You contribute and share general duties and responsibilities related to research documentation
- You assist in coordinating and monitoring research activities outsourced to third parties for the research projects assigned to you
- You set priorities in collaboration with other team members
- You continuously improve and develop R&D knowledge to apply it in the company and to keep abreast of trends and new developments
- You follow up on market and scientific trends related to the specialist expertise
Your qualifications & experience:
- You are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health
- You are convinced that biotech innovation, correctly designed and developed, can improve patients’ lives helping them to live the life they love
- You hold a Degree (Master’s and/or PhD) in life sciences (e.g. pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biotechnological engineering….) or comparable scientific background with research experiences in the field we operate in (e.g. enzymology, bioinformatics, skin/wound healing…)
- Experience in bioinformatics research, enzymology and/or galenic of semisolids and polymer-based semisolids (gels, creams,) would be advantageous
- 3 years of experience in a research environment is a strong asset
- You have a good understanding of functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes
- Digital savviness related to lab management, bioinformatics research, project planning, and research-related software are an asset
- You have excellent time management, presentation, communication and meeting facilitation skills
- You can prioritize tasks and adjust to sudden changes in workflow
- Expertise in Project Management and tools
- You are motivated by working in a rapidly changing scientific environment (adaptability, collaboration, versatility, interest in challenges)
- You are organized, quick, efficient, and focused on quality and details
- You are fluent (written and verbal) in English. Dutch, French and/or German is an advantage
- You are ambitious, energetic, driven and work well in a multicultural team environment.
- You are proactive, and you are a driver for change. At the same time, you are pragmatic, problem-solving and looking for initiative
- You are willing to master new skills and develop yourself
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and very dedicated team?
Please send your application, CV and motivation letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org