Flen Health is an international family-owned company with ambitious growth plans in the pharmaceutical and medical device technological domain. Flen Health has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
At Flen Health, we are convinced that we do help people live the life they love through developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. We focus on patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
At Flen Health, we expect you to show grit, take ownership of your initiatives, to go for it and we guarantee that you will then appreciate the result of your work, whether individually, as a team or company-wide as Flen Health. As an intrapreneur, you will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can-do attitude drives sustainable growth. We offer a flexible working ecosystem, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
We are looking for a Sales Director to lead the commercial strategy and activities for the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). This is a permanent full-time position based in Germany. This role reports to our VP Head of Commercial Operations.
As a Sales Director, you will be responsible for the successful development and management of the business to increase market share and turnover and to establish long-lasting relationships with our partners reflecting the high quality of Flen Health and its products.
This is the right role for you if you combine a strong customer focus with an entrepreneurial spirit to meet the market requirements of our company.
What we offer:
- Entrepreneurial company culture
- Innovative and highly relevant product portfolio
- Unique opportunities to contribute to and shape Flen Health
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
- You define and deploy the sales strategy for the DACH region including scaling up the sales organization for Germany, Austria and Switzerland according to the strategy
- You translate the strategic guidelines to a business plan for each focus area in the DACH region
- You design and own the commercial policies regarding pricing, contract management, channel, and customer portfolio management for the DACH region
- You are responsible for the recruitment, development, and management of a successful sales team in the region
- You oversee and direct the sales activities and team to ensure annual and long-range goals are being met
- You maintain and enlarge commercial contacts with key customers, high potentials or decision-making units (DMUs) to build a long-term relationship and achieve the assumed turnover
- You are a member of and actively contribute to the commercial management team
- You manage the Performance Appraisal (PA) process with each member of the team, setting-up yearly objectives, reviewing with a mid-year assessment and then evaluating each result at the end of the year
- You negotiate and close contracts and tenders that offer prices/conditions that are interesting for both client and company
- You use and interpret field information and analyze sales data to set targets, strategies, and bonuses for your team in cooperation with the management
- You ensure Flen Health growth targets are achieved
- You monitor and report the achievement of your team constantly against set targets and strategies and adapt or correct where appropriate to ensure Flen Health's growth targets and strategies from year to year
- You ensure the CRM system is maintained in line with company standards
- You manage the activity of the team to improve performance and capabilities and to align the team on the companies’ values and the common company strategies and procedures, communicate best and worst practices with Flen Health colleagues
- You are in close cooperation with the Marketing, Quality and Medical department and achieve goals together
- You ensure and increase leadership, motivation, and ongoing skill development of each team member
- You lead both direct sales teams as well as indirect sales through distributors in the DACH region
- You build and maintain excellent relationships with key opinion leaders in the DACH region
Your qualifications & experience:
- You hold a business, pharmaceutical, medical or nurse degree or equivalent work experience
- You can demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of successful experience in sales management experience in medical devices, preferably in the wound or skin care
- You have knowledge of the market access and regulatory landscape, especially regarding reimbursement systems in Germany preferably in the area of wound care
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You show a strong customer focus and entrepreneurial spirit
- You are a high-energy and results-driven individual who can constantly motivate a team to achieve objectives
- As a Manager, you are assertive with your team and have excellent organizational and planning skills
- You have excellent coaching skills
- You possess an excellent analytical mind and skills
- You demonstrate the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office, CRM systems and Showpad
- You have knowledge and experience of extended product and quality procedure
- You are a native German speaker and fluent in English
- You hold a valid Driving License
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and very dedicated team?
Please submit your application, CV, and motivation letter below or to the following email address: email@example.com