Flen Health is an international family-owned company with ambitious growth plans in the pharmaceutical and medical device technological domain. Flen Health has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
At Flen Health, we are convinced that we do help people live the life they love through developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. We focus on patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
At Flen Health, we expect you to show grit, to take ownership of your initiatives, to go for it and we guarantee that you will then appreciate the result of your work, whether individually, as a team or company-wide as Flen Health. As an intrapreneur, you will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can-do attitude drives sustainable growth. We offer a flexible working eco-system, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
We are looking for a Project Development Specialist to support our Research & Development team. This is a 6 months temporary full-time position, to support the start of a new project, that can be extended to a permanent position. This position requires communication and technical skills to enable oversight of complex R&D programs, to achieve project goals and on time delivery in alignment with the company’s strategic goals. You directly report to the Vice-President R&D and you will be either located in our office in Belgium (Kontich) or in Luxembourg (Esch-sur-Alzette).
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- An innovative and inspiring work environment
- Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
- Career prospect
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration according to experience
- You drive research and development projects in the field of biotechnological API manufacturing (enzymes, proteins, peptides, etc.) from initiation in the lab (e.g. research and project writing) to implementation of pilot manufacturing.
- You develop research project plans, identify and analyze risks, constraints and resource requirements and build and assess time estimates.
- You drive and conduct R&D activities involving analysis of genome sequencing results to annotate homologous genes, cloning, recombinant protein expression and validation of enzyme activity.
- You drive the optimization of protein purification by keeping in mind standards for pharmaceutical production and analyze homologous enzymes for stability and activity.
- You perform rational redesign or direct evolution to improve characteristics of proteins in interest.
- You coordinate and ensure successful on-time completion of research and development activities that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions and cultures.
- You analyze and organize prototype and pre-clinical application trials within the R&D team to evaluate prototype performance and safety. You plan and follow up pilot trials and industrial scale-up trials in production.
- You develop effective relationships and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- You prepare and maintain full documentation for R&D design and development administration and procedures, in accordance with relevant SOPs, GxP and ISO standards.
- You write scientific reports related to the research and development project and create presentations when required.
- You participate in the company-wide innovation management processes, including projects outside the direct scope of the function and provide close support to the Vice-President R&D.
- You participate in product portfolio road mapping exercises and product development concept phases.
- You are willing to gain specific technical knowledge through contacts with internal and external stakeholders and through literature, patents and seminars.
- You directly report on project progression to the Vice-President R&D.
Your profile & qualifications:
- You hold a degree or PhD in Bio-engineering, Biomedical engineering, biotechnology, etc. or comparable scientific technical background.
- You have experience with research and development in the field of biotechnological manufacturing processes (enzymes, proteins, peptides, antibodies, etc.) and with the technologies mentioned above.
- You are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health.
- You are convinced that biotech innovation, correctly designed and developed, can improve patients’ lives helping them to live the life they love.
- You have an understanding of functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes.
- You are enthusiastic about product development and driving multidisciplinary project teams (cross-functional teams, multiple projects, multiple types of products, etc.).
- You are fluent (written and verbal) in English.
- You have excellent time management, presentation, communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and adjust to sudden changes in workflow.
- You are ambitious, energetic, driven and work well in a team-environment.
- You are proactive, and you are a driver for change. At the same time, you are pragmatic, problem-solving and looking for initiative.
- You are willing to master new skills and develop yourself.
- You are willing to travel up to 10% of your time (short trips).
Are you interested in working with an ambitious and highly dedicated team?
Please send your CV and covering letter by using the form below: