Our solution for superficial wounds
Flamigel® is an innovative gel that contributes to up to 40% faster wound healing and reduction of scar formation. It’s a versatile solution that can be used for minor wounds, such as cuts and grazes, sunburn and first degree burns.
The hydro-active colloid gel works according to the effective principle of moist wound healing.
How it works
For superficial wounds
- Hydrogel effect: moisturises and debrides the wound.
- Hydrocolloid effect: absorbs excess fluid and restores and maintains the water balance in the wound.
- Arginine: is as a building block of the skin and increases the moisturising properties of the gel.
Benefits of Flamigel®
Why use Flamigel®?
- Versatile: Flamigel® is indicated for minor wounds (e.g. grazes, cuts), superficial open wounds and superficial burns (including those caused by radiotherapy).
- Refreshing Effect: Flamigel® cools and soothes the pain.
- Effective: Flamigel® allows the wound to heal up to 40 % faster and reduces the risk of scarring.
- Protects Against External Contamination: Flamigel® creates a protective skin barrier.
How to apply
Wash hands before and after treating the wound. Clean the wound with running water or with a specific cleaning product such as Flamirins®.
Gently pat the wound dry with a clean cloth.
Treat the wound with Flamigel®. This creates a moist environment that is beneficial for wound healing.
If necessary, cover the wound with a sterile non-adherent dressing and replace it daily.
Available in different formats
- Wash your hands before and after treating the wound.
- Clean and dry the wound gently before applying Flamigel®.
- For superficial burns and minor wounds (e. g. grazes, cuts): Carefully apply Flamigel® to the wound (without rubbing) once or twice a day (in case of sunburn apply twice to six times daily). If necessary, cover the wound with a plaster or dressing and change it daily.
- For superficial open wounds: Apply a thick layer of Flamigel® (5 mm) to the wound minimizing contact with the wound edges, cover Flamigel® with a sterile non-adhesive dressing and fix with a gauze or bandage. Leave Flamigel® in place as long as the gel structure is intact. Renew Flamigel® when it has disappeared. When new skin cells start to form and the wound is closing, apply only a thin layer of Flamigel® to prevent weakening. If necessary, protect the wound edges.
- For open wounds: Change daily. Removing the gel: Wash hands before and after removing Flamige®l. Flamigel® can be removed simply and painlessly with wet gauze.
- In case of sunburn, we would not advise covering Flamigel®. Make sure to apply Flamigel® frequently (2 to 6 times daily).
- In case of minor cuts and grazes covering Flamigel® can help to protect the wound and to prevent contamination. Cover the wound with a non-adherent dressing to allow easy removal.
Flamigel® supports faster healing of the wound by creating an optimal moist wound healing environment. Flamigel®’s hydroactive colloid formulation can help soothe pain of minor wounds due to its cooling effect. Flamigel® helps to create optimal healing conditions to accelerate cell renewal, allowing the wound to heal faster and reducing the likelihood of scarring. Flamigel® also provides a barrier against external contamination.
Store at room temperature (<25°C) in a dry place and in the original packaging. Close the tube after use.
You can use Flamigel® until the expiry date shown on the pack. The expiry date (USE BY: Year/Month) is the last day of the indicated month and year. Once opened, and if recapped carefully, a tube of Flamigel® can be stored and used for one year.