Protection during radiotherapy from day 1
What is Flamigel® RT?
How it works
Why Flamigel® RT?
- Flamigel® RT creates an optimal moist environment for the injured skin to heal (for dry and moist desquamation)
- Provides a barrier against contamination
- Flamigel® RT forms a semipermeable film on the affected skin, preventing microorganisms from entering
- Pain relief by the cooling effect of the gel
Benefits of Flamigel® RT
Why use Flamigel® RT?
- Safe: non-toxic to skin cells & promotes natural healing
- Effective: allows the skin to heal faster, reduces the likelihood of scarring, helps to create optimal healing conditions to accelerate cell renewal
- Skin Regeneration: provides a protective barrier & supports skin regeneration between radiotherapy sessions
- Pain Relief: helps to reduce pain, redness and heat by its cooling effect and therefore soothes the exposed skin areas
- Continuous Radiotherapy: helps ensuring continuation of the prescribed radiotherapy treatment by delaying the onset and reducing the incidence of radiotherapy-induced moist desquamation (RIMD) effect
- Less Risk of Scarring: helps create optimal healing conditions to accelerate cell renewal, allowing the compromised skin to heal faster and reducing the risk of scarring
How to apply
Wash hands before and after application of Flamigel® RT. Clean the skin with clean water or with a specific wound cleanser, such as Flamirins®, if advised by your nurse or doctor.
Dry the skin gently with a clean towel by patting the skin.
Using your fingers apply liberally Flamigel® RT 3 times per day to the treated area. Use from day 1 of treatment. It is important to follow the general skin care recommendations of your radiotherapy centre.
Flamigel® RT patient testimonial - Paul Schneider
For patients undergoing radiotherapy, there are many things to think about before, during and after treatment. Looking after the skin is an important factor to consider in this and Flamigel® RT can help! Hearing patient stories are what reminds us why we do what we do- and why it’s so important! Paul underwent radiotherapy in 2020 after being diagnosed with cancer of the parotid gland. He was kind enough to share his story with us – how his diagnosis and treatment impacted his life, and how Flamigel® RT helped him throughout that journey.
Discover Flamigel® RT
- Flamigel® RT is a hydro-active colloid gel that can be used to treat radiotherapy induced dermatitis and provides a barrier against external contamination.
- Flamigel® RT delays the onset and reduces the incidence of moist desquamation (breakdown of the skin with oozing) when your skin is treated with radiotherapy and delays its onset should it still occur. • Flamigel® RT hydrates the affected skin area and restores moisture balance.
- Flamigel® RT reduces the intensity of early symptoms of radiotherapy-induced skin reactions such as red, dry, itching, flaking, peeling or irritated skin (dry desquamation).
- Flamigel® RT helps to continue the prescribed radiotherapy treatment by delaying the onset and reducing the incidence of radiotherapy-induced moist desquamation (RIMD).
- Flamigel® RT helps to reduce pain, redness, and heat by its cooling effect and, therefore, soothes the exposed skin areas.
- Flamigel® RT helps to create optimal healing conditions to accelerate cell renewal, allowing the compromised skin to heal fast and so reduce the likelihood of scarring.
Wash hands before and after application of Flamigel® RT. Clean and dry the treated area gently before applying Flamigel® RT. Apply 3 times per day a liberal amount of Flamigel® RT to the affected area and a large zone around it and gently distribute. It is important to follow the general skin care recommendations of your radiotherapy centre.
- We advise you to start Flamigel® RT from the beginning of your radiotherapy treatment and continue to use Flamigel® RT whilst your symptoms persist and for as long as your radiotherapy centre advises you to.
- In case of doubt, consult your doctor, pharmacist, or radiotherapy nurse on how much longer you should continue to apply Flamigel® RT.
It is important to limit the skin damage caused by radiotherapy as much as possible, so that you can complete your treatment as comfortably as possible.
Do not use Flamigel® RT in the eyes or on the eyelids. If that happens, rinse your eyes with running water and consult a doctor. Do not use Flamigel® RT when you know that you are allergic to any of the ingredients. If symptoms worsen and you are concerned, consult your doctor or pharmacist.